Importance of Plumbing
- Plumbing is used to ensure safe delivery of water. Clean water usage is made possible only through plumbing which is often taken for granted.
- It brings comfort and beauty to our living as we are able to use it in several functional areas such as kitchens and bathrooms with such an ease without having a thought of what it would have been if there was no supply of clean water for us.
- Plumbing industry today holds a strong economic importance as it provides job opportunities and livelihood for many.
- Lack of safe and affordable water supply leads to a number of water-borne diseases and viruses. According to World Health Organization, 1.4 million children die due to such diseases every year. Untreated human waste and fecal matter are responsible for this which is why plumbing holds so much importance.
- March 11 is observed as World Plumbing Day globally as Plumbing plays such an important role in our day to day life ensuring our health and safety.
- Even though awareness has been raised about the importance of plumbing services and its usage, there still remains some facts and figures which drive our attention to its importance. Even today, 40% of the world does not have access to sanitary services. About 1.1 billion people still defecate in open in this modern generation.
- These facts and figures gather enough evidence as to why it is so much important to use plumbing services and the role of plumbing industry in our life.